2019 marks the 35th edition of the Wrangler NFR held from 5th to 14th December at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. You have about 10 days of rodeo, world-class entertainment, and grand holiday shopping.
Therefore, at the NFR, there is so much more than the rodeo activities that will keep you happy and at the same time occupied. There is no boredom or idleness while at the Wrangler NFR.
What are you waiting for? It’s time for you to plan your day and nights by using the following guide to the Wrangle National Finals Rodeo.
Here is the guide:
- Miss Rodeo America – Runs from 1st to 8th December. It starts with the introduction of all contestants and ends with the coronation of the new winner by Taylor McNair (current Miss Rodeo America). You can also live stream for free on the Wrangler Network.
- Bullfighters Only Las Vegas Championship – It’s held at the Tropicana’s Bullfighters Only Event tent, and it’s the best place to be if you want to enjoy the experience of freestyle bullfighting. You’ll need to have a ticket to see the showdown that starts at 2 p.m. and runs from 5th to 14th December. You can also live stream for free on the Wrangler Network.
- All in Barrel Race & Breakaway – You get to experience some of the greatest athletes in both breakaway roping and barrel racing. It’s open to the public and free-to-attend competitions at the Orleans Hotel and Casino.
- Wrangler Autograph Sessions – During the day, you have the highest likelihood of bumping into your favorite rodeo stars and ask for an autograph as a memory worth remembering. The autograph sessions are held in different locations such as the Golden Nugget, MGM Grand, and Cowboy Christmas. Check the NFR Autograph sessions on their website or via the mobile app if you want to get close to your rodeo stars.
- Where to Stay – The Wrangler NFR sponsors, together with the Las Vegas Strip, have made it easier for you to enjoy some special packages where you can stay in for the night after the rodeo shows.
It’s the ultimate experience for traveling fans, and some of the hotels recommended include:
- The D Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
- Golden Nugget
- MGM Grand
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Westgate Resorts
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Harrah’s Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas
We have chosen randomly about 10 hotels and that not the complete list of hotels in the area. It’s a fact that since the arrival of the Wrangler NFR in 1985, the hotel industry has increased dramatically, and you can never lack a hotel room during the rodeo finals.
Avoid any inconveniences or disruptions during the Wrangler NFR by booking early the hotel of your choice as well as purchasing the tickets to the rodeo shows.
Shopping & Experience
- Cowboy Christmas – It’s a fan experience gift show for the Wrangler NFR. Here, you can find about 350 exhibitor booths to stop by and shop. Therefore, one day is not enough to go through all the shops, and you might need to come here again and again for the shopping experience, music and entertainment, live rodeo events, and food and beverage options. Cowboy Christmas is open to the general public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Great Wall of Rodeo – It’s the exhibition that features all the Wrangler Contestants along with their attires. Don’t miss out on this rodeo way of life, and it’s just adjacent to the Cowboy Christmas from the east end.
- Rodeo Live Stage – Visit the Rodeo Live Stage, If you want to catch daily talk shows and live music from featuring rodeo figures and entertainers. RODEOHOUSTON presents the live stage, and it also features autograph sessions and acoustic musical performances.
- Wrangler Rodeo Arena – The admission fee is only $5, and the competition runs daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Here, you can watch and support 850+ young athletes competing in 9 events at the Junior World Finals. You can watch on these rodeo events daily while inside Cowboy Christmas.
- Come See C&I – Near the entrance of Cowboy Christmas, we have a booth of Cowboys & Indians, where you can acquire fun information about the NFR nightly parties, and also subscribe to the available C&I gifts.
- Bites & Brews – Do you want to refresh or boost your energy levels? Then, you need to eat and drink whenever you feel hungry or thirsty. Bite & Brews has got you sorted by bringing the eating and drinking options to the NFR show. Check out the Coors Rodeo Saloon to replay the previous highlights through their large video screens.
- Brand Showcase – Cowboy Christmas is the place to be if you want to check out western-lifestyle vendors. Some of the vendors include Alina Jewels, Canty Boots, Rockin’P Ranch, Vogt Silversmiths, and many more.
Tunes & Headlines
- Wrangler NFR Action – This is the main event and runs from 6.45 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Thomas & Mack Center from December 5th -14th. Some of the nights have different themes you don’t want to miss out on.
- Stars on Stage – They include Jason Aldean, Reba, Brooks & Dunn, George Strait, Shania Twain, and Aaron Watson. They appear on the stage at a different time and different dates, respectively.
- After-Hours Stops – These include some night shows like South Point’s Ram Rodeo Tailgate Party, the Orleans’ Rump’s Rodeo Party, Mirage’s Rodeo Vegas 2019, Nationals Finals Tonight Show, Gold Buckle Zone activities, and Treasure Island’s Parties.
- Party with C&I – You can expect a return of Cowboys & Indians with nightly viewing and after-parties.
There are many events and fan experiences at the Wrangler NFR, and make sure not to miss a moment by following the above guide that will take you through the morning, noon, and night.
If you want to experience almost everything that happens from 5th to 14th December 2019, then make use of the official website and the newly updated mobile NFR app. Enjoy the best rodeo shows in the world – the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.